Friends and Family

Day 5 Xian to Chengdu

Go down

Day 5 Xian to Chengdu

Post by ayrshireboy on Wed 9 Jan - 18:51

This was a travelling day so no photos today. We were originally meant to be flying to Chengdu but they changed our flight times by 10 hours so Trailfinders booked us on the bullet train in first class no less... I read the trains website which said why not travel first class we have bigger seats for the plumper person.... cheeky sods.

Anyway the train station was huge and very much like an airport with the same type of security procedures, it  was nice and calm and peaceful until it was time to board and then it was mental and I mean mental. it takes a lot to push me out the way but those wee people are very adept at it. anyway once on board it was fine and very comfortable with loads of room and the carriage had a western type toilet as opposed to a hole where you take aim Rolling Eyes . The train left exactly on time and was smooth and fast and very quiet and covered the 730 kilometres in just under 4 hours including various stops.

we were met at the train station and transported to the hotel and the first thing that hit me was the humidity, and how busy it is as Chengdu has a population of 16million people. we had the rest of the day to ourselves so we went shopping, well tried to, we found a small restaurant and ordered something with chicken although it could have been Panda for all I know accompanied by a couple of large beers.
3 young guys came in all dressed in black Adidas gear and continually stared at us, think they thought they were gangsters or something, they were quite rude and were trying to look all tough etc but I just laughed at them.

After paying the enormous bill of 45 Yuan (£6 for the two of us) we ambled over to a shopping mall to look around, by this time the effects of having had a couple of big bottles of beer were starting to tell on me and I really needed the loo, I found one on the second floor but the guy said no you need to go up to next floor for the toilet by this time my back teeth were floating (sorry about the graphic nature of the account) so had to make a long run up to the toilet which was on the other side of the next floor such is the nature of Chinese architecture.

Alison bought a box of moon cakes which look like pork pies but don't taste as good in fact they start out with and aftertaste. walked back to the hotel to watch some TV that I don't understand and then to bed ready for tomorrow and the Pandas. ( pictures included for tomorrow)
ayrshireboy
ayrshireboy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 5 Xian to Chengdu

Post by lovetoshop on Wed 9 Jan - 19:16

Oh Alan would have loved the train journey, looking forward to the next instalment. Thanks for sharing.
lovetoshop
lovetoshop
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 5 Xian to Chengdu

Post by Debbie4 on Thu 10 Jan - 10:26

wow what a great day
Love the "Gangsters" story Laughing Laughing

Great price for the food

Cant wait for the panders I love you
Debbie4