Friends and Family

Day Three Xian

Go down

Day Three Xian

Post by ayrshireboy on Sun 25 Nov - 23:42

This would be mostly a travelling day, we were picked up from the hotel at about 9am and taken to the airport for our midday flight with China Eastern airlines. Fortunately the driver came into the airport with us and got us checked in safely as we wouldn't have has a clue where to go as the airport was massive. Security at Chinese airports is really thorough with everyone being searched, strangely it was a woman who searched me, and I remember thinking to myself that this wasn't normal but apparently anything goes in China.

The flight was nice and smooth and was about two hours long on A A320 Airbus, we even got fed on the plane but it was actually pretty bland so didn't eat much of it.

We were met at he airport by our guide who announced that her name was Jolene, mmmm not sure about that but it is easier than what her real name would be, it was cooler in Xian and Raining and Jolene looked at me strangely as I showed up in shorts, it had been in the high 70's when we left Beijing. She told us that Xian has a population of 9 million people and that because tomorrow would be a busy day would it be okay if we went to see the city wall today, which was fine and it was impressive with what looked like a road on top of the wall which you could cycle round and was the most intact city wall in China and is 9 miles long.

After checking in at the hotel we went out looking for something to eat, we ended up having beef and rice in a hot croc pot and a beer each for the grand price of £5 for the two of us. on the way back to the hotel we spotted a man selling fresh hot dumplings, which were actually quite big. Mine had spicy chicken in it and Alisons was sweet, which we later found out was date paste, very tasty and the price per dumpling was......15p each.

Back to the hotel and off too bed as we were being picked up at 8.30.

ayrshireboy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Day Three Xian

Post by lovetoshop on Mon 26 Nov - 8:46

Certainly cheap to eat out!! Such an amazing adventure with lovely photos, thank you.
lovetoshop
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by alysond on Mon 26 Nov - 9:45

Really interesting, we all know the wall but places like this are a real unknown.
alysond
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by manxies on Tue 27 Nov - 12:34

Food is really cheap, dumplings sound lovely I would,have had to have one. Photos look good, shame it was raining and dull for you. But prehaps it keep the crowds down.
manxies
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie4 on Thu 29 Nov - 14:25

wow great pictures ...what a lovely place
Great prices for food too
Debbie4
Admin

Back to top Go down