Friends and Family

China trip travel day

Go down

China trip travel day

Post by ayrshireboy on Wed 19 Sep - 13:17

Can't post pictures just now which is just as well as we didn't take any today.

Up and about quite sharp, getting last minute things done, haircut etc, the flight isn't till 9.35pm so loads of time.
Had a late lunch and then a snooze and before you know it it is 5.30 and time to leave for the airport. Park at the skyport beside Glasgow airport and get the shuttle over to the airport. Check in was straight forward as I had done online check in two days before. We are flying with emirates, who i really enjoy flying with as the entertainment is excellent and you get little things like amenity kits etc. Through security quite quickly had a look round duty free etc and then headed to the gate, we boarded pretty quickly and were soon up and away. Pretty uneventful flight and after 7.5 hours we were in Dubai.

We had a 3 hour holdover in Dubai, which is an airport that I don't like very much, but this time it was okay. We went for a cup of tea ☕️ and before you know it we are boarding. I noticed that there were members of the Jordanian national football team and two of them had to be given exit row seats as they were over 7ft tall, made me look like dwarf. Plane was also full of Argentinian people on a tour who were quite loud. Again pretty uneventful 8 hour flight.

We arrived in Beijing at 11pm and it was chaos to say the least, you see the Chinese don't believe in queuing so just push in, any way on the way to immigration this Argentinean woman rattled my ankle 4 times with her trolley case but apologised or at least I think she did, might have told me to piss off, don't know. Immigration had a long Q but went reasonably quickly and painlessly. We booked the holiday through trailfinders who we have always found to be great and after a really long walk and a train journey we got our cases and was met by our driver called Peter (don't think that was his real name but I think they use a British sounding name to make it easier for us). Arrived at the hotel about 1 am, checked in and then passed out.

Tomorrow Tiananmen square, the forbidden city and the temple of heaven, and we are being picked up at 8am.......
ayrshireboy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: China trip travel day

Post by alysond on Wed 19 Sep - 14:51

What a long journey but it`s going to be so worth it. Really looking forward to these trippies and to photos too Very Happy
alysond
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by lovetoshop on Wed 19 Sep - 15:01

Wow that is a long day but so exciting. Thank you
lovetoshop
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie4 on Wed 19 Sep - 17:00

Great start all be it long
Some people have no manors Evil or Very Mad

Looking forward to the next one

Thanks for sharing
Debbie4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chirpy on Wed 19 Sep - 17:11

Sounds like it all went to plan Graham, look forward to the next day's report Very Happy
Chirpy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovesnowwhitej on Thu 20 Sep - 10:54

Brilliant an uneventful travel day, what we all want Smile

Wow up at 8am So going to be worth it.
xx
ilovesnowwhitej
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by manxies on Tue 27 Nov - 12:19

Sounds a long journey and day, but at least you arrived okay. Don't think Andy would cope with all that flying time.

Looking forward to reading your reports
manxies
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down