Friends and Family

Trip to China pre trip report

Go down

Trip to China pre trip report

Post by ayrshireboy on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 am

Its 4 weeks till we fly out to China so I thought I would do a pre trip report, so here goes.

Alison and myself were thinking about where we could go on holiday, we went on the Trailfinders website and came up with this trip, we have used trailfinders 4 times before and found them to be excellent we thought it was a small group tour but it turns out it is just us and a guide all be it a different one in each city. Normally I would try and organise it all myself but as my Chinese is limited to sweet and sour chicken we took this option.

Thursday 13th Sept, we fly to Beijing via Dubai from Glasgow on Emirates, have done this 4 times before from Glasgow, the entertainment on the flight is amazing.

14th Sept, we arrive in Beijing late on and just go straight to our hotel.

16th Sept, We meet our guide and go and see Tianeman square, the forbidden city, the golden pagoda and a traditional tea ceremony, I have always wanted to see the forbidden city so really up for that.

17th Sept, Alisons birthday , today we have a 2 hour trip to go and see a section of the great wall, which will be amazing, well for me any way.

18th Sept We fly to Xian, and have the day to ourselves, Xian was at the heart of the old silk road so is packed with markets etc.

19th Sept We travel an hour or so out of the city to see the Terracotta warriors, again something I have wanted to see.

20th Sept We should have been flying to Chengdu but the flight times were changed quite a bit and we would lose a day basically we are now travelling first class on the bullet train which will be an experience itself, after we arrive we have the rest of the day to our selves and as we are now in Sichuan province will have some spicy food.

21st Sept The Highlight of the entire trip, we are going to a panda sanctuary where they are re introducing pandas back into the wild, we should be there for feeding at breakfast time, you can get too close to them as they are susceptible to human diseases, later on we will be visiting a giant  golden buddha.

22nd Sept We fly to Guillin, again the rest of the day is ours.

23rd Sept We have a cruise down the river Li organised, it goes through canyons etc and we stop at town which is famous for its silk so no doubt Alison will like it (Boring fact for you, did you know that the mongol warriors of old didn't wear armour only silk shirts which if they were shot by an arrow and the arrow was removed the shirt did not shred and leave fragments in the wound which would then cause infection, it was always a clean wound left behind}

24th and 25th Sept Fly to Shanghai and visit the Bund and the golden gardens, this is where we have most time to ourselves.

26th Sept Fly home to Glasgow probably absolutely knackerd and hopefully a bit slimmer as we wont have much stopping time, or probably wont know what we are eating most of the time. As the Chinese say the only things with legs that they don't eat are tables and chairs  affraid
ayrshireboy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Trip to China pre trip report

Post by lovetoshop on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Wow that all sounds amazing, can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos.
lovetoshop
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie4 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:30 pm

wow that sound amazing Shocked Very Happy

the Terracotta warriors where in Liverpool & the que was around the block to get in

Panda's awwww cant wait for pictures of them

Do you get to go on the wall Question

Can't wait for pictures bounce
Debbie4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ayrshireboy on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Debbie4 wrote:wow that sound amazing  Shocked  Very Happy

the Terracotta warriors where in Liverpool & the que was around the block to get in

Can't wait for pictures  bounce

Yes you can get on the wall, some people walk the length of it
ayrshireboy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chiricahua on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:07 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
chiricahua
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie4 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 pm

ayrshireboy wrote:
Debbie4 wrote:wow that sound amazing  Shocked  Very Happy

Can't wait for pictures  bounce

Yes you can get on the wall, some people walk the length of it
That will be great to see ...walking the length of it Shocked errr no
Debbie4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldengirl30 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:45 am

Wow that sounds amazing. Look forward to hearing about it. I’ll look in to Trailfinders, we have one in our town and it’s always busy in there.
Goldengirl30
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazyhead on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:12 pm

Sounds an amazing holiday. Lots of piccies please. So looking forward to these trippies when you get back. X
Crazyhead
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Chirpy on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Wow ! Graham, that sounds like an amazing trip, a real adventure exploring all those fantastic places.
Look forward to pictures Laughing
Chirpy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Lildie on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:20 am

All sounds awesome, especially the pandas
Lildie
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovesnowwhitej on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:41 am

Graham what an amazing trip you guys have planned Smile i need, yes need Lots of pictures as China is on mine and Tony places we want to visit.
xx
ilovesnowwhitej
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down