Friends and Family

Rome - day 2

Go down

Rome - day 2

Post by lovetoshop on Fri 12 May - 17:58

We both slept surprisingly well last night despite the bed being rock hard, in fact we didn't fully wake up till 8.45 this morning so just threw on yesterday's clothes and went down for breakfast, it is only continental but it was sufficient, we then went back to our room to shower and get ready for another stinking hot day, remind me never to do another city in hot weather, I'd much rather it be cold so we can wrap up and walk, this heat is so draining we have no energy for any real walking plus my feet are now covered in plasters from yesterday, goodness knows why my sandels have rubbed me so much they were fine all last summer.

Today we had planned a day on the hopper bus, we had a long walk up to the bus terminal, it was only 10.30 and the heat is already getting to me, the bus tour is great and commentary is via head phones, we spent the next few hours exploring the city, we stop for burger and chips at lunch time which was €8.5 each but we substituted the cola for water neither of us drink cola, we follow this with ice cream, I don't think either want to move as the cafe has air con Laughing  My feet are very sore plus I didn't bring any painkillers out with me today so we walk on to find a chemist shop where I buy a strip of 16 iberufrim (sp) and some more plasters and it cost €21.60 Shocked   We walk around a bit more and I find a shoe shop selling sketcher go walks so I bought a pair for a whopping $79 but hopefully they will be kinder to my feet.

Back on the bus where Alan promptly falls asleep, so I decide we will do the complete circuit to save having to wake him, we are not very hungry and too hot and sweaty so decide to just buy some snacks and come back to the hotel so I can write this trippie and Alan can watch golf on his iPad as the TV has not signal.

And tomorrow we have another day on the hopper bus as we bought a 48 HR pass.

Some photos from today

lovetoshop
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Rome - day 2

Post by ayrshireboy on Fri 12 May - 22:11

I loved Rome, and everything about it.
ayrshireboy
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadowbankles on Sat 13 May - 12:35

I adored Rome too. Are you going to The Vatican, Christine? It was the highlight of my trip.
Meadowbankles
The Bruiser
The Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by petetina on Mon 15 May - 11:59

lovely pictures--the only thing I hated about Rome---well really all of Italy was the drivers Smile they are mental
petetina
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down