Friends and Family

Tokyo Disney Days 1 & 2

Go down

Tokyo Disney Days 1 & 2

Post by Mousemaniac on Fri 23 Oct - 21:35

After an amazing trip I thought I'd do a bit of a trip report but mainly pics lol

I dropped Hercules off at the kennels on Friday morning and proceeded to have a day at work that seemed to drag on forever lol, the best bit being that for weeks weeks beforehand we had been done for 3 on a Friday, anyway today it ended up being 4.20 typical, Kerrie had the day off and was waiting patiently for me to get home (yeah right), we managed to be on our way for 5, just in time to hit the traffic at Tintwistle which added 40 mins to the journey.

We got to Man T1 and handed the car over to the meet and greet and into the terminal within minutes. We were only taking hand luggage and I'd done online check-in in the morning and printed our boarding passes so we went straight through security. There was a bit of a wait getting through and we finally got to the Aspire lounge at 7.30pm.

I'd booked this mainly to have a couple of hours away from the hustle and bustle but the reviews online were very mixed bordering on slightly unfavorable so we went with fairly low expectations.
However we were pleasantly surprised, it was almost empty, there were sandwiches (which we didn't expect at this time) Tiger beer (I was expecting Carlsberg Export) and the staff were pleasant, it was a nice way to start the trip and pass a couple of hours (it closed at 9.30pm) although it would probably have been different if it had been rammed.

Aspire lounge T1:-

Once the lounge closed at 9.30 we had a brief walk round the shops, we had originally planned to get something to eat but the sandwiches and crackers and cheese etc at the lounge had filled us up enough so we went and sat in the bar for a bit then grabbed a couple of bottles of water before the shops closed before making our way to the gate at about 11pm.

Our flight was the last one out of T1 so ended up boarding and setting off slightly earlier than our 11.45pm scheduled time, Turkish Airlines were pretty much the same as any other airline, good entertainment, drinks included, a means to an end lol

The flight to Istanbul was about 4 hours, we didn’t really get any sleep on the flight so when we got there we were pretty tired. We were off the reasonably quick, so as we were airside transit passengers we were straight into the terminal where we would depart on our next flight to Tokyo.
I’d found online that with TAV airport hotels you could book an airside hotel by the hour, I’d booked us 6 hours for £115 which although expensive was a god send (although with the savings on flight price was well worth it)
As we were so tired (about 4.30am the next day U.K time) we got a good 5 hours sleep.

Airport hotel:

We woke up and had a freshen up, glad that we already had our boarding passes and just hand luggage lol, we got some drinks and some sandwiches for the next flight, Istanbul airport wasn’t the nicest we’ve been in, so glad we’d had the hotel room rather than having to spend all that time in the terminal.

We boarded on time but the flight was delayed about 30 mins once we onboard which was pretty uncomfortable since the aircon wasn’t turned on. Once we took off it was a flight as much as any other, inflight entertainment was fairly good, the food was rubbish, drinks included. We did manage maybe another couple of hours dozing off which was a bonus, something like 11.5 hours later we landed at Tokyo Narita airport.

We’d filled some sort of customs card in on the plane so since we only had hand luggage we were off the plane and through immigration fairly quickly.

We went to the Limousine bus counter which was just outside the customs exit, we got 2 tickets to our hotel, the Hilton Tokyo Bay with no problems and had a wait of maybe 15 mins before our bus arrived and we were on our way.

We had a couple of stops on the way and arrived at our hotel about 10.15am (local time, I don’t know my heads a mess with what time it is lol)  We left our couple of bags with bell services and went to the desk where they sell tickets for the park J  We got a 2 day park ticket selecting day 1 for Tokyo DisneyLand and day 2 for Tokyo Disney Sea.

The Hilton Tokyo Bay was probably a 5 min walk to the monorail station where we bought the maximum 4 day pass each and then trough the turnstiles to the most efficient, clean and comfortable monorail we’ve ever experienced.

Tokyo Disney Monorail:

Soon we were getting off at the Tokyo DisneyLand station

and a few minutes later where finally at the entrance J

World Bazaar, the equivalent of Main St:

We spent a few hours exploring the park and rode a couple of attractions,

We could check in at the hotel at 3pm so decided to head back, unpack and freshen up a bit, the room was really nice and spacious with an amazing view, there were a few complimentary soft drinks and a couple of bottles of water in the fridge that were replaced daily and the toilet was brilliant lol complete with heated seat and a range of options, I really want one at home lol

After a couple of hours at the hotel we headed back to the park, we’d managed to get a fast pass for Poohs Hunny Hunt earlier so went to ride that, what a brilliant innovative ride, like nothing we’ve ridden before and just great fun:

Next we were ready for our first Tokyo Disney parade, their night time equivalent of the Main St Electrical parade, Dream Lights, WOW it was amazing, fantastic floats, great music, just absolutely brilliant, and the best bit the Japanese are so civilised when it comes to parade watching, 5 or 6 rows of people are sat at the front and they stay sat, if you wish you are permitted to stand at the back at it’s all policed by the cast members and nobody argues, it was so refreshing it’s a shame all parks around the world aren’t the same.

The breathtaking Dream Lights:

After the parade we had a walk round the park, particularly Toon Town and Mickey and Minnies houses, there was such a big effort around the park for Halloween:

Towards the end of the night we rode a couple more attractions including Monsters Inc ride and go seek which was good fun:

Finally we left at park closing and got the monorail back to the hotel. We just grabbed a sandwich each from the hotel shop before going to bed after a long but absolutely amazing day.
Mousemaniac
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Back to top Go down

Re: Tokyo Disney Days 1 & 2

Post by Goldengirl30 on Sat 24 Oct - 17:14

Wow, wow , wow is all I can say. It looks and sounds amazing. Was it easy to get around? Was there much of a language barrier at all? Was the hotel a Disney one or just linked by the monorail? Sorry for all the questions. Can't wait for the next instalment. Thank you.
Goldengirl30
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chiricahua on Sun 1 Nov - 16:44

fantastic ...again thank you!!!!!!!!
chiricahua
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by manxies on Sun 1 Nov - 18:01

Whow I'm speechless for once, never seen antything like it, monorail is unbelievable pictures are so good. Thank you for sharing
manxies
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousemaniac on Sun 1 Nov - 18:11

Goldengirl30 wrote:Wow, wow , wow is all I can say. It looks and sounds amazing. Was it easy to get around? Was there much of a language barrier at all? Was the hotel a Disney one or just linked by the monorail? Sorry for all the questions. Can't wait for the next instalment.  Thank you.

Hi Sherrie, we didn't find it to difficult to get around, signs at the airport, around Disney and the train stations we used all had an English version. In the hotel and around Disney most people spoke enough English for us to get by. The hotel was the Hilton which was like a good neighbour hotel but just a couple of mins walk from the monorail loop, the prices for the official Disney hotels if you can actually get in lol were eye watering, the Hilton for the week including breakfast was £707 Smile
Mousemaniac
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by alysond on Mon 2 Nov - 8:49

Brilliant photos. I know we spoke about this at the meet but it`s great to actually see it. Very Happy
You did so well to keep going though, you must have been shattered by the time your heads hit the pillows.
alysond
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovesnowwhitej on Mon 2 Nov - 20:34

A long but amazing day Smile the pictures of the parade are fantastic, a visit to this park is now on my bucket list xx
ilovesnowwhitej
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Al the mot man on Sat 7 Nov - 20:23

Brilliant tim. The monorail looks 5* . And your photos of the night time. Parade are great, it's so hard together good photos of those light up floats
Al the mot man
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie4 on Sun 8 Nov - 14:26

Wow what a day

The Monorail is fantastic as is the room Shocked
Love the pictures
Thanks for sharing x x
Debbie4
Admin