Friends and Family

Tokyo Disney - Pre Trippie

Go down

Tokyo Disney - Pre Trippie

Post by Mousemaniac on Thu 1 Oct - 19:22

Sooooo, were off to Tokyo, after a fair few trips to WDW and a few Disney cruises we thought we'd try Disney with a bit of a twist, so Tokyo Disney it is, I've read that Tokyo Disney is very similar to the Magic Kingdom but Tokyo Disneysea frequently gets referred to as the best Disney park in the World, so can't wait to go Smile

Everything is booked separately, flights were a bit of a pain although we ended up getting a really good price with Turkish Airlines for £850 total return for the 2 of us (now gone up to £2400 Shocked ) although there is an 8 hour layover in Istanbul on the way out...... but I discovered that you can book an airside hotel in the airport by the hour (Wink Wink Wink ) so we've got that booked for 7 hours to hopefully get a reasonable sleep as the flight from Manchester is 11.45pm on Friday night, so hoping we can be ready to go when we land in Tokyo at about 7.30am on Sunday morning.

Anyway the plan is we’re hoping to get to Manchester airport for about 5.45pm ish, we’ve booked the Aspire lounge from 6pm until closing (9pm) so thinking we’ll enjoy the inclusive beer and views of the runway and then get a meal when the lounge closes before the flight at 11.45pm.

After the 4 hour flight to Istanbul we’re hoping to get a few hours sleep at the airside hotel before the flight to Tokyo.

We should land in Tokyo about 7.20am Sunday morning, hopefully raring to go lol, we’re staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (got a great rate including breakfast on hotels.com) but check-in isn’t until 3pm so planning on leaving the bags with bell services (only got hand luggage anyway) and going straight to the park

The plan is Sunday at Tokyo Disneyland and Monday at Tokyo Disneysea.

Tuesday is our Anniversary (although we didn’t even realise when we booked this tour lol) but were going to Mount Fuji, a cruise on Lake Ashi, a cable car trip up Mount Komagatake followed by a ride back on the Bullet Train.

Weds, Thurs, Fri and most of Sat is split between Tokyo DisneyLand and DisneySea and were leaving for the airport around 5pm on the Sat. We’ve got a 4 hour stopover in Istanbul on the way back so have booked a lounge and we get back to Manchester Sunday morning ready for work on Mon lol (well for me anyway Kerrie gets more hol days than me so has booked it off)

We should have Wi-Fi in the hotel so will look in now and again Smile
Mousemaniac
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Back to top Go down

Re: Tokyo Disney - Pre Trippie

Post by alysond on Fri 2 Oct - 8:36

Wow that sounds amazing! PLEASE take loads of photos to share when you get back. Idea

I`m sure you`ll have a fab time
alysond
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by manxies on Sun 4 Oct - 11:38

That all sounds great, so different to anything else really. Enjoy and happy anniversary. x
manxies
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovesnowwhitej on Mon 5 Oct - 12:10

Wow you guys are going to have an amazing time, xx have fun xx
ilovesnowwhitej
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldengirl30 on Fri 23 Oct - 22:10

OMG sounds amazing!! I've heard good things about DisneySea so can't wait to see photos and hear your stories.
Goldengirl30
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by chiricahua on Sun 1 Nov - 16:39

FANTASTIC
chiricahua
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Al the mot man on Sat 7 Nov - 20:14

Great I'm hooked allready
Al the mot man
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie4 on Sun 8 Nov - 14:20

Sounds amazing

Enjoy x
Debbie4
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovetoshop on Fri 13 Nov - 5:34

Great price on the flights, I love a bargain. Sounds like a wonderful adventure.
lovetoshop
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazyhead on Sat 14 Nov - 10:38

I am so looking forward to these trippies x
Crazyhead
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down